Biden ordered flags to fly at half-staff and held a moment of silence at the White House on Monday evening as the United States reported 500,071 deaths since the start of the pandemic, according to data gathered by Johns Hopkins University.
Today’s live newsfeed:
- Democrats are working on a massive package of measures to help the US through the pandemic.
- Manchester City make it 19 wins in a row with another utterly dominant display against Borussia Monchengladbach
- Ferland Mendy scores a stunning late winner as Real Madrid clinch a hard-working last-16 first leg victory against 10-man Atalanta.
- US regulators say Johnson and Johnson's single-shot vaccine is safe, and could be approved in days.
- Sevilla want £68m for defender Jules Kounde, Tammy Abraham considers his Chelsea future, Norwich City's Max Aarons attracts attention, plus more.
- WBC champion Tyson Fury says a fight against Anthony Joshua is no closer to being agreed than it was a year ago.
- Lionel Messi scores twice as Barcelona beat Elche to move within five points of La Liga leaders Atletico Madrid.
- Baarack the sheep was taken in by a sanctuary after being found in a forest near Melbourne.
- Jamie Hill said taking the stunning photos of the northern cardinal was "once in a lifetime".
- Dele Alli scores a spectacular overhead kick as Tottenham cruise into the Europa League last 16 with an 8-1 aggregate win over Wolfsberger.
Tiger Woods injured in a car accident in Los Angeles that required ‘jaws of life’. Listen:
California $600 Stimulus Checks for low-income residents making $30k or less. Listen: