CSIRO’s circular economy roadmap charts path to triple job creation
The National Circular Economy Roadmap found innovation is crucial to realizing Australia’s largest economic gains, which will come from designing new products and materials, including through advanced manufacturing, and in embracing new business models that will create domestic and export markets for waste streams. Read full story >
WORLD BUSINESS HEADLINES:
- Business owners tell how their first week of trading has gone after lockdown rules eased in England and Wales.
- US investment bank Morgan Stanley's lending to the collapsed hedge fund cost it nearly $1bn.
- The online grocery retailer has teamed up with Oxford self-driving firm Oxbotica.
- The record figures for the first quarter of the year are skewed due to last year's nationwide lockdown
- Hammerson, whose centres include the Bullring and Brent Cross, is "resetting rents to more affordable levels".
- The US banking group will shut down its retail operations in countries including China and India.
- The boss of Europe's biggest holiday company thinks successful vaccine programmes can prevent another washout.
- Marks & Spencer has begun legal action against Aldi, arguing the retailer's Cuthbert the Caterpillar cake infringes its Colin the Caterpillar trademark.
- The key Brexit trade deal now stands a better chance of being ratified in Brussels.
- The food delivery firm suffered a technical glitch, but says it has resolved the situation.
- Dow Jones Futures: Stock Market Rally Enters Power Trend; Square, Snap Carve Handles; Are Apple, Tesla Next?
- 4 Electric-Vehicle Charging Stocks at Fire-Sale Prices
- China’s Internet Stocks Face More Pain, Top Global Investors Say
- Coinbase Is the Best Way to Play the Bitcoin Boom
- News From the Front on Semiconductors: The Shortage Is Getting Worse